Leah BerhanuDirector of Sales and Marketing
Food, if you start talking to Leah about it, she won't stop. Starting her life in hospitality at a very young age, watching a smile on ones face when pleased with a meal or an event is what makes her happy, so she decided to make a career of it. Growing up in Dallas she started serving and bartending in various restaurants and hotels before making the move to New Orleans. With the Big Easy being one of the top tourist cities in the country, it only made sense. Stumbling across Pigéon Caterers nine years ago was her start in sales. Weddings being her main focus for the first eight years with the company, she eventually briefly stepped into the Marketing role, then later as the Director of Sales and Marketing. She now oversees the Pigéon Sales Team (they like to call themselves the Pigéonettes) and explores new marketing opportunities for Pigéon Caterers.
- Favorite Restaurant: Can't pick just one.
- Favorite Dish: Hot Sausage Po-Boy, fully dressed
- Favorite Pigéon Dish: BBQ Shrimp and Grits
- Favorite Dish to Cook: brisket, baked mac and cheese with broccoli
- Favorite Holiday: Thanksgiving (I mean...I love food)
- Favorite Music Venue: The corner of Chartres and Frenchmen, any band on that corner is great!
- Favorite Cocktail: I'm not picky...
- Favorite Mardi Gras Parade: ZULU!
- Nickname: Leah....actually
- Pet Peeve: One that will not try new food! I mean....how do you know if you like it or not?
- Favorite thing about New Orleans: You can be your crazy self! There will always be someone crazier than you out there.